Cashback on Whatsapp payment
WhatsApp UPI payment service is rolled out in India. This instant messaging service app has given cashback to its users who transfer money through WhatsApp UPI. This instant messaging service app also promotes its payment service by offering cashback. This UPI payment feature is available both for iOS and Android users, but as of now, it is available for only beta testers and not all users who use payment. The company has not been issued any official statement about rolling out for all WhatsApp UPI users.
A beta user shared a cashback feature screenshot on social media when he get a cashback of Rs 51. This user sent money to five nos of UPI users and get Rs 255 from WhatsApp. On receiving the cashback, the transaction details appear on the history page in settings. WhatsApp congratulated the user for receiving cashback.
As per the WABetainfo reports, this is a promotional strategy of WhatsApp to capture more UPI payment users. This promotional service may end in the future after Beta testing compilation or after the public rollout. Users can not include their number in this promotional campaign to avail of cashback if they are not beta users already. Also, there is no clarity on how WhatsApp picks users for testing the feature.
According to WABetainfo, using UPI payments in the latest WhatsApp beta for Android on the Play Store and WhatsApp beta for iOS during the testing period may increase the chances of getting the cashback. Users can get a cashback of Rs 51 after transacting Re 1 and above. WhatsApp also stated that users can get a maximum cashback of Rs 255 for the first five UPI transactions.
WhatsApp Pay UPI Payment: How to set up WhatsApp Pay
- Open a WhatsApp chat and click on the “Rupee” symbol in the message typing area.
- You will receive a pop-up notification from WhatsApp to add the payment method,
- Select a bank from the list
- Ensure that your bank account must be linked with a mobile number and your WhatsApp number matches your bank’s registered mobile phone.
- Proceed and send an SMS from your bank registered mobile number to verify your identity.
- After verification set your UPI password
- If you already have a UPI PIN, please activate your UPI pin
Now, you are able to send money and receive money through WhatsApp. WhatsApp Pay has more opportunities in the UPI payment market because it has more active users than any other UPI platform. Already PhonePe, Google Pay, and Paytm have acquired the market share, this Instant messaging app has included the UPI payment option in its main WhatsApp Chat App. I will bring you more news regarding the payment system when WhatsApp shares more details. Also,read: How to Book Uber Ride from WhatsApp Directly | Uber ride bookings through WhatsApp in India : Step By Step Process
Other articles you may read:
- What is e-RUPI : e-RUPI Digital Payment, How does it work
- When TikTok Will Launch In India | TickTock Comeback Strategy to India?
- How to Earn money from BHIM App? : BHIM App Registration, Send Money and Receive Money
- How to invest in US stocks through INDmoney App | INDmoney: Is this the best App for foreign investment?